Conveniently located in the surrounding Pittsburgh metropolitan area, Moon Township proudly houses Greater Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Association. This location is convenient when seeking orthopaedic expertise without having to make the commute to the downtown area. Here is a look into the GPOA Moon Township office, what we have to offer, and our expert providers.
GPOA in Moon
The GPOA Moon office provides a multitude of orthopaedic services ranging from sports medicine to foot and ankle care and everything in between. Our team at GPOA is highly trained at providing you the best possible care for your condition by creating an individualized plan for you and your recovery. Some of the services offered at the Moon Township location include,
- Hand and upper extremity care: Our experts provide care for tendonitis, bursitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, ganglion cysts, hand and wrist fractures and tendon injuries just to name a few.
- Sports medicine: Our sports medicine experts provide a comprehensive approach to your care, combining physical therapy and orthopaedic medicine.
- Spinal Care: Our expert spinal surgeons offer a full range of surgical and non-surgical treatments to improve your spine health.
- Foot and ankle care: GPOA offers advanced foot and ankle care for conditions such as sprains, fractures, deformities, plantar fasciitis, high arches, and more.
- Hip and Knee: Our hip and knee specialists offer care ranging from minimally invasive to hip and knee replacements.
The Moon Township office of GPOA is conveniently located near the Pittsburgh International Airport and Robinson township, a bustling metropolitan shopping district with family friendly neighborhoods. GPOA is located directly off Beaver Grade Rd., providing ample parking for patients.
Similar to our other locations, Moon Township GPOA is dedicated to providing the highest level of care and comfort to our patients using cutting-edge technology and comprehensive, specialized, care. Our friendly staff, convenient location, and expert providers are ready to help you get back to doing what you love and reaching your peak wellness.
Meet Your Moon Township Providers
At Moon Township GPOA, our providers are highly trained in orthopaedic care ranging from sports medicine to spinal surgeries. Our providers are equipped with years of experience to properly assess your condition as well as create an individualized treatment plan that best suits you and your lifestyle. Our Moon Township providers include,
- Dr. Oriente DiTano, MD - Dr. DiTano is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with advanced training in hand/upper extremity care, sports medicine, trauma and general orthopaedics. Dr. DiTano graduated Summa Cum Laude from The University of Pittsburgh and was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery at The University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle Washington. He has also presented his studies on upper extremity surgeries at national and international levels.
- Dr. Brian Kelly, MD - Dr. Brian Kelly is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with specialized training in sports medicine, elbow surgery, knee surgery, hip replacements, and specialized restorative care. Dr. Kelly is a Pittsburgh native but graduated in undergraduate school from the University of Notre Dame and received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Dr. Nicholas Kubik, MD - Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Dr. Nicholas Kubik specializes in sports medicine, specifically of the shoulder and knee. He completed his undergraduate degree at Washington and Jefferson College followed by medical school at The University of Pittsburgh and completed his residency at Hamot Medical Center. Outside of orthopaedic surgery, Dr. Kubik enjoys activities such as tennis, skiing, biking, hiking, and boating.
- Dr. Jon Levy, MD - Dr. Jon Levy is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who began his career in the medical field after receiving a degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania. He received his doctorate of medicine as well as completing his residency at The University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Levy specializes in spinal surgery ranging from the youngest to oldest patients. In his free time, Dr. Levy enjoys skiing, skating, and golf.
- Dr. Jeffrey Mulholland, MD, FAAOS, AOA - Receiving his undergraduate and medical degrees from The University of Virginia, Dr. Jeffrey Mulholland is a highly accredited orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and overuse injuries. Dr. Mulholland was selected for a one-year fellowship at the world-renowned Kerlan-Jobe Clinic in California. Here, he worked for the LA Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, Galaxy, Anaheim Angels, and Anaheim Ducks.
- Dr. Ryan M. Ridenour, MD - Dr. Ryan M Ridenour is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in all conditions regarding the foot and ankle. He received his undergraduate degree from Allegheny College followed by receiving his medical degree from Penn State University and further completed his residency there. Dr. Ridenour traveled to Duke University in North Carolina to complete his fellowship where he trained under some of the most nationally recognized foot and ankle surgeons.
- Dr. Derek 'Duke' Thomas, MD - Specializing in spinal care, Dr. Derek Thomas received his undergraduate degree from The University of Notre Dame followed by medical school at Virginia Commonwealth University. In addition to his experience in spinal surgery/care, Dr. Thomas has published several articles in multiple orthopaedic journals such as The American Journal of Orthopaedics. Outside of spinal surgery, Dr. Thomas enjoys golfing, skiing, and spending time with his wife and three sons.
- Dr. Stephen Thomas, MD - Dr. Stephen Thomas is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hip care, knee care, and sports medicine. A four-year varsity letter and captain of the men's soccer team, Dr. Thomas completed his undergraduate degree at Brown University, followed by receiving his medical degree from The University of Pittsburgh. His award-winning journal articles have been published in journals such as Contemporary Orthopaedics, Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, American Journal of Sports Medicine, and more.
- Dr. Andrew Waligora, MD - Pittsburgh native, Dr. Andrew Waligora is a highly-skilled orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hip and knee conditions. After completing his undergraduate degree at Juanita College, Dr. Waligora received his medical degree from Drexel University, followed by his residency at the University of Florida Department of Orthopaedics. His extensive research in the field has gained him recognition at state, national, and international levels.
No matter which GPOA location you choose, you can feel confident that each of these physicians is passionate about providing the highest quality care and dedicated to giving patients a better quality of life. Their vast experience combined with their compassion for each patient allows them to provide the best possible outcomes.
If you are in need of any services provided by any GPOA location, contact our team of highly-trained orthopaedic surgeons or visit Greater Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Associates website to schedule a free consultation directly from our website!