As the weather gets nicer and the days get longer this spring, many are inclined to resume their outdoor exercise regimen or sport. While this can be a great way to maintain your physical health and get some well-needed sunlight, it also increases your risk of injury. It may not have crossed your mind to build a relationship with an orthopaedic specialist, but it will prove valuable if you are trying to avoid or recover an injury this spring. That's why we've decided to introduce our Greater Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Associates providers in Sewickley, PA.
GPOA in Sewickley, PA
At in Sewickley, PA, our team of experienced orthopaedic specialists is here to help you get the most out of your spring and summer activities. Located at 1099 Ohio River Blvd, Sewickley, PA, our providers are ready to help you live a life free form pain or discomfort. We offer a range of preventative and recovery services. At GPOA, our doctors specialize in a variety of areas, including:
- Sports Medicine - Our team of sports medicine specialists can help you prevent and recover from athletic injuries of all kinds. We use the latest in state-of-the-art technology to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate, and manage a variety of sports-related injuries.
- Surgical Treatments - Our team of orthopaedic surgeons is ready to help you get back on the road to a pain-free life. We specialize in advanced arthroscopic techniques and complex reconstructive surgeries, from shoulder or elbow repairs to ACL reconstruction.
- Joint Replacement - If you suffer from joint pain or discomfort due to arthritis or other conditions, our joint replacement services can help you get back to your daily activities. Our doctors use the latest minimally invasive techniques for hip and knee replacements, as well as hand, wrist, and upper extremity care.
- Spine Care - Whether you suffer from chronic back pain or are recovering from spinal surgery, our team of specialists is here to help. We offer a variety of services, from minimally invasive spine surgery to physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Our team of highly experienced orthopaedic specialists is here to help you live a healthy, active life. Whether you’re looking for preventative measures or injury recovery services, Greater Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Associates in Sewickley, PA can help you get back on your feet and return to life feeling your best. If you are ready to receive superior orthopaedic care, make an appointment with the Sewickley team today.
Meet Sewickley's Top Orthopaedic Doctors
When you visit the GPOA Sewickley office, you will be welcomed by our team of experienced orthopaedic specialists, ready to help with whatever you need. You can expect top-notch care from providers like:
- - Dr. DiTano, raised in the city of Pittsburgh, graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with Summa Cum Laude honors, having earned two Bachelor of Science degrees in Chemistry and Neurobehavioral Science. He also received the Hewlett Packard Top Medical Graduate Award upon graduating from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He then advanced his skills by training in Orthopedic Surgery at the renowned University of Washington Medical Center located in Seattle, WA. Later, he completed a fellowship for hand and microvascular procedures at Allegheny General Hospital. During this time, he offered his expertise to teach younger doctors as an Attending Physician at both Allegheny General Hospital and the University of Pittsburgh as a Clinical Assistant Professor. Dr. DiTano has conducted multiple scientific studies on upper extremity surgery, which were published in journals and presented at international conferences. He specializes in treating pathology all over the upper body, including common conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis through endoscopic carpal tunnel release or joint replacements.
- - Dr. Kelly is a homegrown physician from Monroeville, Pennsylvania and a graduate of Gateway High School. After college and medical school in Indiana, he returned to Pittsburgh for his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery - a program where he was actively involved with medical student education and ultimately rose to the position of chief resident. His skills in sports medicine and shoulder surgery were honed further during his fellowship at the Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center/Tulane University under the tutelage of many internationally renowned surgeons. It was here that Dr. Kelly learned his cutting-edge techniques for treating ailments related to shoulders, elbows, and knees. When not working on improving the physical health of others, Dr. Kelly enjoys rooting for all local sports teams alongside his wife, Erica, and daughter, Brooke. He also enjoys trying different cuisines and playing golf.
- - Dr. Kubik is a renowned orthopaedic specialist, particularly for issues related to the shoulder and knee. He is experienced in identifying and treating rotator cuff tears, labral tears, instability issues, and arthritis-related concerns as well as performing high volumes of reverse shoulder replacements. When it comes to the knee, Dr. Kubik specializes in a variety of treatments from ACL and meniscal tear repairs to arthritis management. Additionally, he performs numerous knee replacements, including the Oxinium ceramic knees, which are ideal for younger patients who lead an active lifestyle. To enhance the patient experience even further, Dr. Smith uses Visionaire's computer-aided technique that allows for improved implant sizing and positioning, resulting in less invasive surgeries tailored specifically to each individual patient. When away from Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Kubik enjoys travel and sports like tennis, skiing, hiking, biking, and boating.
- - After completing a Spine Surgery Fellowship at the renowned Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in California, Dr. Jon Levy joined Greater Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Associates in 1994. Dr. Levy treats a broad range of spinal disorders, 'ranging from the adolescent gymnast with low back pain to the elderly patient with progressive difficulty in walking,” he says. The co-author of several Orthopaedic research articles, Dr. Levy has made presentations at educational conferences in Pittsburgh and California. He is also a Clinical Instructor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. When he’s not practicing medicine, Dr. Levy enjoys skiing, skating, and playing golf. He and his wife, Dr. Tracy Prizant, currently reside in the city of Pittsburgh with their three children.
- - With stellar academic standing, Dr. Mulholland earned his Bachelor’s and Medical degrees from the University of Virginia followed by a residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the esteemed Medical College of Virginia. As an exemplary candidate, he was then selected for a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the world-renowned Kerlan-Jobe Clinic based in California, where he had the opportunity to work with professional athletes such as those on the Los Angeles' Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, and Galaxy teams as well as Anaheim's Angels and Ducks. By working with professional athletes across the country, Dr. Mulholland has developed a specialty in the rapid diagnosis and effective treatment of sports injuries. From 1999 to 2005 he was proudly Pittsburgh Riverhounds team physician prior to becoming Quaker Valley High School's team doctor where he is currently employed today. Having extensive experience dealing with various sport-related injuries, Dr. Mulholland continues his journey by consulting several high schools, clubs, and local colleges while also working as an editor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
- - Dr. Ridenour, a Pittsburgh native, is a foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon who has extensive training in all conditions associated with the foot and ankle. He completed a fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery at Duke University in Durham, NC. While at Duke, he was privileged to train under some of the most nationally recognized foot and ankle surgeons where he learned to assess and treat all disorders of the foot and ankle including primary and revision total ankle replacements. As a foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Ridenour utilizes a team approach where patient-centered care is the primary focus in order to provide his patients with excellent outcomes. When not taking care of his patients, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends as well as many outdoor activities including golf, fly fishing, hiking, and hunting.
- - With a comprehensive knowledge and expertise of spinal issues, Dr. Thomas has been instrumental in the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) trials for disc replacement products such as Prodisc and Flexicore. He was also involved in the FDA trial of X-stop – an advanced minimally invasive solution to treat Spinal Stenosis. Dr. Thomas has published articles in several Orthopaedic journals including Spine and The American Journal of Orthopaedics, and presented research at national meetings like the Cervical Spine Research Society. Dr. Thomas is experienced in treating a wide variety of spine conditions and treatments. Patients can greatly benefit from his extensive experience with Kyphoplasty, a minimally invasive way to treat compression fractures in the elderly. When not practicing medicine, Dr. Thomas enjoys golfing, skiing, and spending time with his wife and three sons.
- - A four-year varsity letter award winner and captain of the Men’s Soccer Team at Brown University, where he received his undergraduate degree, Dr. Thomas received his doctor of medicine from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. His award-winning research and related articles have been written for notable publications such as Contemporary Orthopaedics, Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, Journal of Hand Surgery, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, and the American Journal of Sports Medicine. Dr. Thomas, brother of GPOA's Duke Thomas, has two brothers in the medical field as well, so you can rest assured that the passion for quality health care runs in the family. He and his wife Lesley are originally from Moon Township and currently reside there with their two children, Garrett and Emma.
- - After graduating from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Dr. Waligora and his wife, Angela, moved to Gainesville, Florida to begin his residency at the University of Florida Department of Orthopaedics. During residency, Dr. Waligora was named “Outstanding Resident Educator” twice, elected the department representative for the American Orthopaedic Association resident leadership forum, served as the state of Florida’s resident representative at the National Orthopaedic Leadership Conference, and was recognized for his patient service on several occasions. The research projects he developed during his residency won several awards and have been presented at the state, national, and international levels. During his VCU-Medical College of Virginia Adult Reconstruction Fellowship, Dr. Waligora gained the expertise necessary to offer a wide range of hip and knee arthroplasty services. He also developed several research and clinical interests such as appropriate surgical indications, pre-operative optimization, post-operative pain management, partial joint replacement using nanosensor technology, primary hip and knee replacements, and more. Dr. Waligora's vast experience makes him an asset to patients at GPOA.
No matter which provider you choose, you can rest assured that at GPOA, our doctors are highly trained and experienced in what they do. We strive to provide our patients with the best possible orthopaedic care and treatment options.
If you or a loved one are experiencing pain and are ready to get help, contact GPOA today for more information about how we can help improve your quality of life. We will work with you to create a comprehensive treatment plan that is unique to your needs.
If you’re looking for an experienced orthopaedic surgeon near you in Cranberry Township, look no further than Greater Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Associates. Contact us today to with one of our board-certified surgeons and begin your journey to a better quality of life.